- 2004. Ph.D., University of California-Berkeley, Socio-cultural Anthropology. Dissertation: Re-imagining the Ties that Bind: State Practices of Nation Building in Post-war El Salvador (1992-2000)
- 1995 M.A., University of California-Berkeley,Socio-cultural Anthropology
- 1994 B.A., University of California-Berkeley, Major: Anthropology.
- Recipient of Kroeber Prize for Outstanding Senior Thesis: “Everything's Coming Up Maya: Archaeology, Tourism, and National Identity in Postwar El Salvador."
Professor, Anthropology, University of California Merced (2021-present)
Director, Resource Center for Community Engaged Scholarship, (2013 - Present). Founder and faculty director for this campus-wide resource that trains and facilitates community engaged research for faculty, students, staff and community members. Build infrastructure on campus and in the community for faculty and student community engaged research.
Associate Professor, Anthropology, University of California, Merced (2013-2021).
Assistant Professor, Anthropology, University of California, Merced (2006-2013).
University of California President’s Postdoctoral Fellow, Ethnic Studies, University of California, Berkeley (2004-2006).
Lecturer, University of California, Berkeley. (2006).
Margo F. Souza San Joaquin Valley Mentor of the Year Award (Finalist), Margo F. Souza Student Leadership Center. (April 2017). Recognition of mentorship that serves campus and community
Award for Distinguished Scholarly Public Service, UC Merced Academic Senate. (April 2015).
Senate award recognizes my contributions to campus community engaged scholarship efforts.
UC Merced Center for Humanities Faculty Fellow, University of California, Merced. (August 2013 - May 2014).
Center for Humanities Faculty Fellow to advance research regarding new commemoration of 1930's state violence in El Salvador, Dominican Republic, and Spain.
UC Merced Outstanding Woman, Women's Programs, Office of Student Life, University of California, Merced. (March 2014). Awarded to a select few nominated as distinguished women--faculty, students, staff
UC Merced Library "Honoring Our Faculty: Robin DeLugan" Exhibition, UC Merced Library. (September 2013 - December 2013). http://library.ucmerced.edu/display/exhibits/past/honoring-our-faculty-r...
Appointed to Chancellor's Task Force "Faculty Development for Community Engaged Scholarship". (July 2009 - June 2013).
July 1, 2013 the Task force transitioned to Resource Center for Community Engaged Scholarship
Appointed to El Salvador 1932 Truth Commission. (January 2007 - June 2013).
Entity involving non-governmental human rights organizations, university representatives, and indigenous community leaders in El Salvador
UC Merced Chicano Latino Student Council. (August 2012; May 2012).
Recognition for continuing service and support.
UC Merced Outstanding Woman, UC Merced Women's Programs, Office of Student Life. (March 2012).
UCM Outstanding Women's Luncheon Honoree. A Women's History Month Event. Nominated by student Aaron de la Cerda.
Appointed to UCM Council on Campus Climate, Culture and Inclusion. (July 2010 - June 2011).
Selected to Participate in FIPSE Sponsored National Work Group on Faculty Development for Community Engaged Scholarship, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. (May 2008).
Helping Hands Award for community engagement, Community Partnership Alliance. (2007).
Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of California President’s Postdoctoral Fellowship Program (July 2004-June 2006)
Fulbright Scholar (2004)
K. Patricia Cross Future Leader Award, American Association of Higher Education (2003)
Reconstructing Communities in Crisis Dissertation Competition, Townsend Center for the Humanities, University of California, Berkeley (2001)
Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Award, University of California, Berkeley (2001)
Fulbright IIE pre-dissertation fellowship (2000)
International Pre-dissertation Fellowship, Social Science Research Council (1997)
Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowship (1995-1998)
Multicampus Research and Program Initiative (MRPI)/Working Group Activities:
- UC Center for Collaborative Research for an Equitable California (2010- 2015)
- UC Center of Expertise on Migration and Health (2010-2013)
- UC Human Rights Initiative (2007-2009)
- Indigeneity & Blackness Working Group, Center for Race and Gender, UC Berkeley (2005-2006)
- Immigration Working Group, Institute for Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley (2004-2006)
- Reconstructing Communities in Crisis (Co-organizer). Doreen B. Townsend Center for the Humanities Working Group, UC Berkeley (2002-2004)