My research interests lie in examining the both the economics of information systems, security and privacy, as well as the organizational behaviours that lead to decisions that deviate from the rational behaviour expected in typical mathematical models. In a broader sense, I find applications in the areas of knowledge management, decision support, and behavioural operations as well as information security and privacy.
Recently, I have started studying the privacy and security implications of precision agriculture, especially issues related to data collected by the ever increasing deployment of IoT in agriculture operations. This work is supported through my participation in the IoT4Ag NSF ERC.
Digital Inclusion, Economics of Information Systems, Information Privacy & Security, Information Sharing, IoT for Agriculture, Data Governance, Collaboration, Behavioural Operations.
- Byun, E., Yeh, M. and Yeo, M.L. (2022) Online Harassment Interventions
- Byun, E. & Yeo, M.L. (2021) Application Updates
- Hidaji, H. and Yeo, M.L. (2022) Provider Efficiency and Downstream Firms
- Hidaji, H., Yeo, M.L., Kolfal, B., Nault, B., Patterson, R.A., and Rolland, E. (2022) Service Disruptions and Provider Choice
- Yeo, M.L., Keske, C., and Phillips-Wren, G. (2022) Modeling the IoT Ag Data Value Proposition
- Yeo, M.L., and Gavrea, C. (2022) Data Governance Programs to Improve Data Sharing
- Bhappu, A. D., Lempiälä, T., & Yeo, M. L. (2022). Platform Service Designs: A Comparative Case Analysis of Technology Features, Affordances, and Constraints for Ridesharing. Digital, 2(2), 320–332. MDPI AG. Retrieved from http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/digital2020018 (open access)
- Yeo, M.L., Rolland, E., Rees Ulmer, J., and Patterson, R.A. (2022). How Customer Demand Reactions Impact Technology Innovation and Security. ACM Trans. Manage. Inf. Syst. 13, 3, Article 32 (September 2022), 17 pages. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1145/3505227 (open access)
- Bhappu, A., Blomqvist, K., Andreeva, T., Zappa, P., Yeo, L. & Lempiälä, T. (2020) Providers’ initial trust on an organization-sponsored sharing platform: The framing of coworker collaborative consumption. Frontiers in Psychology. 11. Artilcle 2174. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2020.02174 (open access)
- Arazy, O., Ortega, F., Nov, O., Yeo, L., and Balila, A. (2015). Functional roles and career paths in Wikipedia. Proceedings of the 19th ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work & Social Computing. (Vancouver, BC, Canada, March 2015). pp. 1092-1105
- Yeo, M.L., Rolland, E., Rees Ulmer, J., and Patterson, RA.* (2014). Risk Mitigation Decisions for IT Security. ACM Trans. Manage. Inf. Syst. 5(1) DOI=10.1145/2576757 http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/2576757
- Croson, R., Schultz, K., Siemsen, E., Yeo, ML. * (2013) Behavioral operations: The state of the field. Journal of Operations Management, 31 (1-2). pp. 1-5.
- Arazy, O., Yeo, L., Nov, O. (2013) Stay on the Wikipedia task: When task-related disagreements slip into personal and procedural conflicts. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology. 64(8). pp. 1634-1648.
- Kolfal, B., Patterson, R., Yeo, L.*(2013) Market Impact on IT Security Spending. Decision Sciences Journal. 44(3). pp. 517-556.
- Yeo, L, Arazy, O. (2012) What Makes Corporate Wikis Work? An Investigation of Wiki Affordances. In K. Peffers, M. Rothenberger, & B. Kuechler (Eds.), DESRIST 2012, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 7286 (pp. 174-190). Las Vegas: Springer-Verlag.
- Arazy, O., Nov, O., Patterson, R., Yeo, L. (2011) Information Quality in Wikipedia: The Effects of Group Composition and Task Conflict. Journal of Management Information Systems. 27 (4).
- Patterson, R., Rolland, E., & Yeo, L. (2006, October). Security and Privacy in Outsourcing with Customer-Specified Risk Tolerance. electronic Journal for E-commerce Tools and Applications. 2 (1).
- Hidaji, H., and Yeo, M.L. (2020) ICT Provider Output and Downstream Firms’ Service Tier Choice. 20th Annual Workshop on the Economics of Information Security (WEIS 2020). Centre for European Policy Studies (Brussels, Belgium, Dec. 14-15, 2020).
- Bhappu, A., Yeo, M.L., Kovalchick, A., & Lempiälä, T. (2019) Service Delivery in the Sharing Economy: Assumptions and Technology Affordances for Service Interactions on Ridesharing Platforms Presented by A. Bhappu at 6th International Workshop on the Sharing Economy (IWSE 2019) (Utrecht, NL, June 2019)
- Yeo, M.L., Rolland, E., Rees Ulmer, J., & Patterson, R.A. (2017) Innovation vs. Security: Customer Demand Reaction to Adverse Events and Industry Innovation Presented by L. Yeo at the Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS2017) by invitation (Seoul, SK, Dec. 2017).
- Hidaji, H., Kolfal, B., Patterson, R., Rolland, E., & Yeo, L.* (2015) To Share or Not to Share: Supplier Choice and Customer Demand Reactions to Adverse Events. Presented by L. Yeo at the Conference on Information Systems and Technology (CIST 2015) (Philadelphia, Nov. 1, 2015)
- Yeo, M.L, and Phillips-Wren, G. (2014) Monetizing Personal Private Information: A preliminary model. Presented by L. Yeo at the Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS2014) (Auckland, NZ, Dec. 2014)
- Yeo, L, Arazy, O. (2012) What Makes Corporate Wikis Work? An Investigation of Wiki Affordances. Presented by L. Yeo at Design Science Research in Information Systems and Technology (DESRIST 2012) (Las Vegas, NV, May 2012) Presented by L. Yeo
- Yeo, L, Rees Ulmer, J. (2010) Risk Mitigation Decisions for IT Security. Presented by L. Yeo at the Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS2010) (St. Louis, MO, Dec. 2010)
- Kolfal, B., Patterson, R., Yeo, L.* (2010) Market Impact on IT Security Spending. Presented by L. Yeo at the 9th Workshop on the Economics of Information Security (WEIS 2010) (Cambridge, MA, June 7, 2010) Available from: http://weis2010.econinfosec.org/papers/session1/weis2010_kolfal.pdf