Short bio: Rafael is a Postdoctoral Scholar at SAIL group and obtained his Ph.D. in Physics at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro in Brazil. He has experience with ab initio (DFT and GW/BSE), classical molecular dynamics and tight binding calculations.
Contact: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
List of publications:
1. Home experiments: a hands-on adaptation of the Experimental Physics II course at UFRJ for remote teaching (in Portuguese), A. Hernández, A. Gomes, E. Sinnecker, R. Del Grande, R. Capaz, S. Cardoso. Rev. Bras. Ensino Fís. 43, (2021). https://doi.org/10.1590/1806-9126-RBEF-2021-0248
2. Energy barriers for collapsing large-diameter carbon nanotubes, Del Grande et. al. Carbon 159 161-165 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbon.2019.12.030
3. Flat bands and gaps in twisted double bilayer graphene. Culchac et. al. Nanoscale 12, 5014-5020 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1039/C9NR10830K
4. Layer breathing and shear modes in multilayer graphene: a DFT-vdW study. Del Grande et. al. J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 31 295301 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-648X/ab1995
5. From Nanoscale Wetting Towards Enhanced Oil Recovery. Giro et. al. Offshore Technology Conference Brasil - October 2015. https://doi.org/10.4043/26232-MS
6. Multi-scale modeling of wetting: effects of surface roughness. Giro et. al. CILAMCE 2014 - XXXV Iberian Latin American Congress on Computational Methods in Engineering.