Department of Computer Science and Engineering
School of Engineering
The University of California, Merced
Address: #208, SE2, 5200 N. Lake Road, Merced, CA 95343
Email: wdu3 AT ucmerced.edu
I am looking for Postdoc researchers and highly-motivated PhD students. Please send me an email, if you are interested.
Internet of Things, Mobile Computing, Data Analytics, Cyber Physical Systems, and Networked Embedded Systems.
- CSE150 - Operating Systems: Fall 2020, 2019 and 2018.
- EECS250 - Advanced Topics in Computer Systems: Spring 2020, 2019, and 2018.
- EECS251 - Advanced Operating Systems: Spring 2021.
- Huijie Chen, Fan Li, Wan Du, Song Yang, Matthew Conn, Song Yang, and Yu Wang. “Listen to Your Fingers: User Authentication based on Geometry Biometrics of Touch Gesture”, in ACM UbiComp & IMWUT, 2020.
- Miaomiao Liu, Xianzhong Ding, and Wan Du, “Continuous, Real-Time Object Detection on Mobile Devices without Offloading”, in IEEE ICDCS, 2020. Acceptance rate: 105/584 = 18%.
- Wan Du, Panrong Tong, and Mo Li, "UniLoc: A Unified Mobile Localization Framework Exploiting Scheme Diversity", IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, February 2020.
- Xianzhong Ding, Wan Du and Alberto Cerpa, “OCTOPUS: Deep Reinforcement Learning for Holistic Smart Building Control”, in ACM BuildSys, 2019. Acceptance rate: 38/128 = 29.7%.
- Zhihao Shen, Kang Yang, Wan Du, Xi Zhao, and Jianhua Zou, “DeepAPP: A Deep Reinforcement Learning Framework for Mobile Application Usage Prediction”, in ACM SenSys, 2019. code+data. Acceptance rate: 28/144 = 19.4%.
- Weifeng Gao, Wan Du, Zhiwei Zhao, Geyong Min and Mukesh Singhal, "Towards Energy-Fairness in LoRa Networks", in IEEE ICDCS, 2019. code+data. Acceptance rate: 19.6%.
- Chi Lin, Zhi Shang, Wan Du, Jiankang Ren, Lei Wang and Guowei Wu, “CoDoC: A Novel Attack for Wireless Rechargeable Sensor Networks through Denial of Charge”, in IEEE INFOCOM, 2019. code+data. Acceptance rate: 288/1464= 19.7%.
- Panrong Tong, Wan Du, Mo Li, Jianqiang Huang, Wenqiang Wang, and Zheng Qin, “Last-Mile School Shuttle Planning With Crowdsensed Student Trajectories”, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, December 2019.
- Jothi Prasanna Shanmuga Sundara, Wan Du, and Zhiwei Zhao, “A Survey on LoRa Networking: Research Problems, Current Solutions and Open Issues”, IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, Vol. 22, Issue 1, Pages 371-388, October 2019.
- Huanle Zhang, Wan Du, Mo Li, Prasant Mohapatra and Kaishun Wu, "StrLight: An Imperceptible Visible Light Communication System with String Lights", IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Vol. 22, Issue 1, Pages 371-388, October 2019.
- Zhenfeng Shao, Wenjing Wu, Zhongyuan Wang, Wan Du, and Chengyuan Li, "SeaShips: A Large-Scale Precisely-Annotated Dataset for Ship Detection", IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, Vol. 20, Issue 10, Pages 2593-2604, October 2018. Dataset.
- Kang Yang (01/2020~)
- Miaomiao Liu (08/2018~)
- Xianzhong Ding (08/2018~)
- Haiqiao Wu (01/2019~, visiting PhD student)
- Weifeng Gao (09/2018~03/2020, visiting PhD student)
- EEE INFOCOM 2021, 2020 (Distinguished TPC member), 2019, 2018 (Distinguished TPC member).
- IEEE ICDCS 2020, 2018, 2017.
- IEEE MASS 2020, 2019.
- Wi-DroIT workshop in conjunction with IEEE DCOSS 2020
- MobiArch workshop in conjunction with IEEE ICNP 2019
- ComNet-IoT workshop in conjunction with IEEE ICDCN 2017
- Distinguished TPC member, IEEE INFOCOM, 2020, 2018.
- Exemplary Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2018, 2017.
- IoT OpenInnov Challenge Winner, by ENGIE and SIGFOX, 2016.
- Best Paper Award, ACM SenSys 2015. (Wan Du, Jansen Christian Liando, Huanle Zhang and Mo Li)
- Best Demo Award, IEEE SECON 2014. (Wan Du, Mo Li, Zikun Xing, Bingsheng He, Lloyd Hock Chye Chua, Zhenjiang Li, Yuanqing Zheng, and Pengfei Zhou)
- Best Paper Award, ICSNC 2010. (Wan Du, Fabien Mieyeville, and David Navarro)